All aspects of semiconductor research are covered in the program including materials science, physics and engineering.
- Materials: Epitaxy, fabrication, characterization and theoretical properties of Si, Ge, III-Vs (including III-Nitrides), II-Vs, organic semiconductors, hybrid organic/inorganic systems and perovskites. Bulk materials and nanostructures including quantum dots/wires/wells and superlattices. 2D materials including transition metal dichalcogenides.
- Physics: Electronic and optical properties, photonic bandgap structures ,spintronics, quantum information processing, resonant tunnelling, transport, and magnetic semiconductors.
- Engineering: All electronic devices from single electron structures through to high-mobility transistors and post Si-C-MOS. All optoelectronic devices from LEDs, laser diodes and photodetectors, through to cutting-edge, high-power lasers and photovoltaics.
- A – Physics in Semiconductors
- B – Optical Devices
- C – Electronic Devices
- D – Semiconductor Materials and Nanostructures
- E – Mid-IR and THz
- F – Organics, Organic-Inorganic Hybrid Semiconductors & Perovskites
- G – Wide Bandgap Semiconductors (including III-Nitrides)
- TMD – 2D materials